How to Prepare for MPPSC Mains
|Papers & Breakup of the Marks|
Please check the below link for the official syllabus pdf from MPPSC:
Official Syllabus PDF from MPPSC
- History of Modern India and Indian culture
- For Culture part which is covered from ancient to modern times you can follow book released by Spectrum on Indian Culture and can also follow Ministry of Culture Website.
- Geography of India
In this part, questions will be on the physical, economic and social geography of India.
- NCERT of 11th and 12th Standard are Sufficient.
- Indian Polity
- Indian polity by Lakshmikanth.
- Indian Constitution by D D Basu.
- Latest Policies, latest Schemes and Bills from GOI website.
- PIB Website
- Current National issues
This part is intended to test the Candidate's awareness of current national issues
- The Hindu Newspaper will cover the daily Current Affairs Part.
- International Affairs & Institutions
This part will include questions on important events in world affairs and on international institutions.
- For Institutions directly go to their respective sites or refer Wikipedia.
- Similar to the national current affairs part international affairs will be covered by daily reading of Newspapers.
- Indian Economy
In this part, questions will be on the planning and economic development in India, economic & trade issues, Foreign Trade, the role and functions of I.M.F., World bank, ADB, W.T.O. etc.
- IGNOU Material on Indian Economy.
- Class 9th and 10th NCERT on Economics.
- Also Economics section of News Daily for latest policy decisions and reviews.
- Economic Survey and Budget Analysis.
- Developments in the field of Science & Technology, Communication and Space
In this part, questions will test the candidate's awareness of the developments in the field of Science & Technology, Communication and space and also basic ideas of computers.
- Science NCERT upto Class 10th
- This Section mainly focus on latest developments in the field of SnT, So you have to look in daily news for articles related to Science, Technology ,IT Sector etc.
This part is intended to test candidate's awareness of India's relationship with the world in various spheres, such as the following : Role of India in the context of world. Foreign Affairs, External security and related matters, Nuclear Policy
- Click here to Download India & World Material of IGNOU
- Latest News on Foreign Affairs,Deals with Foreign Countries etc
Attempt will be made to assess the general awareness of candidates in respect of crops, white revolution, green revolution, agriculture production and their impact on development of rural economy.
- Read about Indian Agriculture from NCERT books
- And then Refer Ministry of Agriculture site for latest Statistics,data,Crop pattern